I really wanted to make something beautiful from the fabric my kids made but I feel like my plan did not quite materialize quite as I had hoped.
I followed the instructions in the book. Here is how it went (in pictures.. bad photos are courtesy of my cellphone!)
I took the spiral on the right to work with - the colors are a touch more muted now they had been washed & dried.
Erm ...... I was really unhappy with the result. (To me it just looks like a little bit of a mess.) So I began to play with the arrangement.
Envision telling my girls "I've cut up your beautiful fabric darlings but it isn't working." ... cue lots of tears and disappointment.
This last one (above) was my favorite but I still didn't feel that it was pretty enough. So the next day I bravely took a rotary cutter to it and made 4 large log cabin blocks with a purple peppered cotton. I was so much happier with this result.
I'm still going to try the ideas from the convergence book again. Perhaps we will take the knife to these smaller pieces of fabric next.